Friday, January 6, 2012

Hey There 2012!

Wow. It's been forever. There's nothing that gets me more nostalgic than looking back on former entries, whether it's in my journal, on Tumblr, or even the three posts I've managed to create on this blog. I love how God works. I'm the kind of person who is always looking ahead. Future goals, plans, trips, even conversations...I usually have them all planned out in my head. Wanna know my favorite thing about my silly little habit? Getting to look back a half a year down the road and see what the Lord did with it. Some of "my" plans have succeeded, while others....not so much. Isn't He awesome in the way that He takes my selfish plans and turns them into something beautiful, for His renown? It completely rocks my world. He's so cool.

I'm going to try to blog more. I have no idea who reads this, or if anyone does for that matter. But I don't care. I'm just excited to tell the wonderful tales of how God uses a teenager to do the works to further His Kingdom.

Those who know me know my almost unhealthy love for Kari Jobe. Not only does the girl have major pipes, but she has such a breathtaking spirit. The way she loves the Lord is enough to bring me to my knees, just hearing her talk about God. Hopefully I can post some videos on here, because I would love for every person who reads this entry to watch these videos. You don't have to be a worship leader or church leader to apply these words of truth to your life.





Some things she said that I haven't been able to forget:
When is the Lord setting me up to win?
What moments have I felt myself falling in love with God?
It is dangerous when I allow myself to forget those memories.
I need to sit down in my heart again.
I want to be a John 10:27 girl..knowing my Fathers voice; only His. and chasing after it with all I am.
Comparison is the #1 thing that will keep me from doing what God wants me to do.
When I'm leading worship, I need to be asking God, "What do they need to say to you tonight?" instead of selfishly wanting my moment of worship.

God is moving. Are we ready to obey? Are we ready to leave everything behind and chase after His voice, and not the voice of the other?

In His Love, Wesleigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment