Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Journey Begins :]


"I mean honestly God," I thought to myself in my fourth period AP Psychology class, "how do you expect me to pay attention when the most exciting news might be waiting in the mail for me at home?" To say that I couldn't wait is quite the understatement. On Thursday, February 2nd, I was given the most incredible opportunity of my life. About four months previously, I applied for a staff position at Clear Ministries, an organization invested in the world through character development, inspiring individuals to fulfull their life's purpose, and introducing opportunities for personal and occupational growth. Not only do they bring camp to kids, but they bring life to people. I will serve on one of three teams doing either camp ministry or doing VBS and mission work. I will find out which team I will be serving on at our staff retreat in March.

My first experience with Clear Camps was three years ago as a camper. Our junior high ministry went to Tall Timbers in Pineville, Louisiana having no idea what to expect. We had never even heard about this camp before. When we showed up, we automatically fell in love. The atmosphere was so incredibly fun and Spirit-filled. The staffers were actually interested in connecting with us personally--something you usually don't experience with the bigger-scale and less intimate camps we'd been to before. My sisters and I especially loved  it there, and the staffers especially. For some reason they really reached out to us. My group leader's name was Chelsea, and I'll never forget one night we were standing around talking, and she said, "You should totally apply for Clear staff one day." Ever since that night, I couldn't get this ministry out of my head.

My adventure with Clear will begin on June 4th, and ends July 27th. So basically my entire summer will be spent hanging out with kids and youth, waking up early, bringing the truth of God's Word and promises, taking part in amazing worship, playing fun and silly games, connecting people to a life in Christ, building friendships and a family that will last a lifetime, acting a fool and serving my Father......could I be any more blessed??

Please be in prayer for me as I prepare for this new season the Lord has created just for me, as well as the other amazing staffers! Until my journey begins, I will be gratefully accepting donations to meet my support goal of $1,500 required to travel with Clear, as well as the additional personal fund I will need while on the mission field. The money I give will go towards transportation, equipment, things like that. Most importantly, we staffers raise our own support so that campers can go to camp for about half the price of most camps in the country. So I am more than happy and willing to do my part and contribute to this team I am so overjoyed to be a part of.

Many of you will get letters in the mail asking for support and sharing how you can be in prayer for me. For those of you who got your letters already and came here for more information, I hope this post helped! If not, feel free to email me at wesleightheredeemed@yahoo.com, leave me a comment, call/text me, or write me back! I can't wait to hear from y'all!

In His Love,
Wesleigh

"And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir to the Kingdom of Heaven through God" -Galatians 4:6-7 

(P.S. check out the icons to the right!! Click on them to visit the websites of some incredible ministries I am dedicated in prayer for! Join me in lifting them up to our Father!)

No comments:

Post a Comment