Sunday, February 26, 2012

Frenzy

I'm terrible about blog updating. There, I said it. But I've decided to get better about it. Call it a New Year's Resolution in late February, if you will.

The days that pass as I get closer and closer to the incredible summer my Father has laid out for me have been a frenzy of papers, praise band practices, calculus and physics homework, student council meetings, babysitting, committee meetings, cramming for tests, writing thank-you letters, visiting colleges, prom planning, and all the other insanity that comes with what some may call being an overly-involved teenager. Sometimes I don't know how I manage it all, but then I am quickly reminded of my Savior friend who is there to restore me and instill me with unshakable joy and confidence in His truth and promises.

Since my last post, life has been seemingly passing me by in a whirlwind of new adventures, experiences, obstacles, and changes. I will always stand amazed at how God is the ONLY part of my life that stays the same. Coming from someone who isn't a big fan of change, I will always find my sanity in his consistency.

Now enough with the deep stuff. I am now the official owner of my own Canon EOS Rebel T3!!!! Just the mere thought makes me want to bust out in some kind of uncoordinated dance moves. I've been enthralled with the idea of photography for years now, and thanks to some encouragement from that incredible boy I am somehow blessed enough to call a boyfriend, I have decided to pursue photography further. Forget that doubting myself stuff. I'm stoked. Even if I end up failing with flying colors at this, I'd rather stink at doing something that makes me come alive rather than being awesome at something I really actually hate. So bear with me folks--this blog will probably from now on also consist of the documenting of my failures and hopefully-one-day successes of being a photographer. On that note: anybody want to let me take pictures of them? :)

Thanks to the Lord's miraculous provision, I have about $700 dollars in support raised for Clear this summer. It's a little less than half, and I have about two more months left of fundraising. Considering I started raising money about three weeks ago, I am shocked at how much my Father has provided for me through my incredible earthly family and faith family at First Baptist Biloxi. I love all of you so much and I wish that mere words could express how thankful I am for your investment in my life and journey as a disciple of Jesus Christ. Please pray for the staffers as we prepare for our staff retreat that will be here before we know it!(eleven more days...but who's counting?)

Finally reading Kisses From Katie...I am so excited! Everybody click on the "Amazima Ministries" logo on the right side of my blog if you want your world to be rocked by the story of this beautifully devoted sister in Christ. Katie, you and your daughters are forever in my thoughts and prayers.

In His Love,
Wesleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment