Thursday, March 15, 2012

my guards. my brothers & sisters.

It was one of those weekends that mere words could never explain. Clear Staff Retreat 2012. 70 young adults were bonded together as a family in a way that could only be crafted by a wonderful, beautiful, and powerful God. 

We showed up on Friday, ready to wrap friends we hadn't seen in months into our arms; expectant of the sweet presence of the Spirit of the Living God. There were lots of squeals, hugs (because we are literally ALL huggers...handshakes just don't suffice), kisses, running into each others arms, and just plain joy. The room was completely flooded with love from the very start. 

Incredible time of worship. Random games that don't make sense. More junk food than we knew what to do with. LOTS of rain. Impromptu gatherings around the piano in the middle of group sessions, crying out to our Father. INTENSITY 2012. Covering each other in prayer and embraces. Worshipful (though sometimes uncoordinated in my case) staff dances. Moments of complete solitude before the Father. Forming a family that will never be shaken nor torn apart. My Clear family means the world to me. I am so blessed to have such loving, encouraging, inspiring, and uplifting lifelong brothers and sisters. Those three days were the most Spirit-led experiences of my entire life. I only wish I could explain them better.  But the fact that I am at a loss for words only amplifies the incredible-ness of the weekend. I don't think "incredible-ness" is a word....oh well. :)

I will be traveling on Chelsea's team this summer. For those of you who have no idea what that means, Chelsea is one of the directors of Clear, as well as a dear friend and mentor of mine. I am going to be a bible study leader for VBSes, preteen camps, and youth camps....so I will basically be teaching children and students anywhere from ages 5-18. My team will be the yellow team. So if anyone has anything yellow I can use to wear or for decorating the bible study rooms I will have throughout the summer, give me a holler! I couldn't be more excited for what the Lord has in store. We were given a sneak peek of how He is going to move, and let me tell you..it's astounding. I can only imagine the greatness that will be done is His name. 

Pray for the lives that will be reached this summer. Pray that our hearts will be prepared for the months that lie ahead, and for strength to rely on our Savior alone...because I just know that the enemy is getting afraid of the radical things that will happen. He is here, and He is reigning victorious. :)

I may be weak, but Your Spirit is strong in me. My flesh may fail, but my God you never will. 

In His Love, 
Wesleigh 

No comments:

Post a Comment